Creativity is when you bring your kids’ ideas into reality.
Play-dough is a fantastic material, it can practically be anything!
My Kids love Play Doh, so we have plenty of it at home. We love Play Doh and strongly believe it is a valuable learning source. There’s so much potential in colorful playdough, whether you buy yours or make your own. Playdough offers activities like creating, building, playing, and learning…and being together.
We came upon a very interesting home recipe for making play dough. The formula is published on “Martha Stewart website” (link):
Play Dough How-To
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together the flour, salt, vegetable oil, cream of tartar, and water.
2. Cook uncovered over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly until the dough is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
3. Divide the dough into four equal portions.
4. Add approximately 6 to 8 drops of food coloring to each portion and knead the color into the dough to distribute it evenly. Kneading the color into the dough is the fun part — kids will love it.
5. If you store the play dough in a plastic bag or airtight container, it will stay nice and soft and last for years.